Description of the drug Phentermine
Phentermine hydrochloride is a sympathomimetic stimulant, close to amphetamine. Like other amphetamine derivatives, the substance is classified as causing anorexia (appetite suppression). Phentermine is usually prescribed as a means for weight loss in obese patients. The drug is usually used for short periods of time (less than 12 weeks), and as an addition to a constant regime of training and diet. The main emphasis is on reducing the feeling of hunger, which helps to reduce the total consumption of calories. Despite the fact that the data change from test to trial, many users report at least some loss of fat mass. Athletes and bodybuilders use phentermine hydrochloride, usually when weight loss is required to improve physique or to win competitions.
Phentermine hydrochloride was first introduced in the US pharmaceutical market in 1970. The basic substance phentermine was available in the US back in 1959. Phentermine has long been used as a means to suppress appetite, although it attracted wide public attention only in the early 1990s, when its combination with fenfluramine proved successful in testing. Studies have shown that this combination was even more effective in promoting weight loss than diet and exercise, and these results prompted a rapid increase in the popularity of phentermine-fenfluramine (Fen-Phen) in the market. However, by 1997, it became apparent that a very high percentage of Fen-Phen users had cardiac valve defects. It has been proven that Fenfluramine is the main cause of this ailment. The drug was withdrawn from the US market in the same year.
Phentermine today remains available in the US and in many foreign markets. Popular trade names include Adipex, Lonamin, Anoxine, Phentrol and Obenix. It should be noted that as a derivative of amphetamine, the drug tends to be addictive. For this reason, it was added to Schedule IV of controlled substances in the United States.
Dosage forms of phentermine hydrochloride
Phentermine hydrochloride is usually supplied in tablets and capsules of 18.75 mg and 37.5 mg each.
Phentermine hydrochloride is the central stimulant and indirectly acting sympathomimetic of the amphetamine family. The chemical name 2-methyl-1-phenylpropan-2-amine (2-methyl-amphetamine).
Phentermine side effects
Common side effects associated with the use of phentermine hydrochloride include insomnia, increased blood pressure, irritability, nervousness and euphoria. Less common side effects are visual impairment, decreased libido, confusion, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, headache, irregular heartbeat, nausea, vomiting, rash and fatigue.
Phentermine is a CNS stimulant that has the potential for a fatal overdose. Signs of an overdose may include rapid breathing, fever, hallucinations, blood pressure abnormalities, irregular heartbeats, unconsciousness, tremors, panic, extreme anxiety and severe nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
Instructions for use of the drug Phentermine
For optimal effectiveness, phentermine hydrochloride should not be taken while eating. Usual adult dose is one capsule or tablet (37.5 mg) per day, before or 1 to 2 hours after breakfast. For some patients, half the tablet (18.75 mg) per day can be an adequate dosage, while in other cases it may be advisable to use a half tablet (18.75 mg) twice daily. When administered more than once a day, the second dose should not be taken 4 to 6 hours before bedtime. The drug is usually used for 3-4 weeks, longer therapy rarely exceeds 12 weeks.
Bodybuilders and athletes usually use the prescribed amount of medication in similar short-term periods because of the high probability of side effects with increasing doses.
Phentermine hydrochloride is available in several countries around the world. The drug has few fakes. In the territory of the Russian Federation and many countries of the world, Phentermine is a prohibited substance, but it continues to be part of many weight-correcting agents.
How to lose weight with Phentermine
Overweight is one of the most serious physical problems of modern society. Today, the products are abundant, and most of us are very sedentary. We get to work and back on the car, use elevators instead of stairs, we sit in front of the TV or computer in our free time, instead of walking or cycling, playing sports or gardening, visiting the gym or swim. That's why every 4th inhabitant of the planet is overweight or obese. That's why many are desperately looking for a cure. This article describes how Phentermine can help.
- Count how many calories you consume. Food and energy are measured by calories not accidentally. Food is energy; it provides nutrition to our bodies. The body has a certain amount of energy that it spends on any physical or mental activity. We replenish the reserves of this energy with food and sleep; but the more delicious the food, the more it usually contains calories. Make a list of all the foods that you eat throughout the day, including snacks, chips, coffee and biscuits, as they also contain calories. Using the available programs on the Internet, you can calculate how many calories you consume daily. It is better to add a little to your final calculations, rather than to understate them, so the picture as a whole will look more honest. Carry out calculations, taking into account that for an adult, the daily rate is about 2,000 calories.
- Consult a dietitian. The goal is not to change your whole diet, but to improve it a little. It is necessary to replace foods with the highest fat content for foods with lesser content, add more vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your daily diet and reduce your usual diet by about 1/3. Multiple reviews show that it is almost impossible without the use of funds to suppress appetite. Phentermine is the most effective remedy; The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved it for prescription.
- Start eating less. If you were hungry for several hours, and then you have the opportunity to eat as much as you want, then you will most likely eat until you are satisfied. Light snacks during the day are much better, but you should prepare these snacks yourself. It will be easier with the help of tablets to suppress hunger. You should use Phentermine strictly as directed by your doctor. Some tablets should be taken 30 minutes before meals; some need to be taken 2 hours after eating. The usual dosage is 8 mg orally.
- Start doing the exercises. Do not believe the commercials: none of the ways, including fasting and sitting in front of a computer or laptop and viewing some kind of photograph, will not help you lose weight. Exercising can seem like a boring occupation, but the human body just needs not only mental activity, but physical activity. The legs are designed for walking, and the hands should be able to lift not only the handle or the spoon, but also something heavier. Walking, cycling, jogging, swimming, playing sports, gardening, canoeing, lifting weights and any other regular physical activity will help you not only improve your overall condition and lose weight, but will greatly affect the quality of your life.
- Watch your weight and power consumption. The point of all this is to make your body burn the inner store of energy of your fat deposits. If the body does not receive the necessary amount of calories from the digested food, it begins to process internal reserves, that is, fat. Nevertheless, the reduction in the amount of food consumed is given very hard, as there remains a strong appetite and you will feel that you can not get enough. Therefore, in addition to Phentermine, you can use some natural remedies to suppress appetite, such as green tea. If you drink a lot of green tea instead of carbonated water or energy drinks, then you will feel vigorous and active throughout the day.
- Your goal is to change your way of life. If you continue to eat fast food and spend your free time in front of a TV or computer, then no diet will not help you. If you eat less and do more than what you need physical effort, then this will definitely benefit your health. Phentermine will help you just eat less, but its one is not enough. Physical education is an integral part of any process aimed at weight loss.
- To achieve success, you need to eat less and eat right, train more and change your way of life. You need to spend your time, usually spent at a computer or TV, outside the house, doing sports. Even a walk in your neighborhood is better than sitting on the couch.
- Any large road starts with a small step. To weight loss also need to be approached systematically, patiently and methodically. Lose weight permanently possible only under the condition of constant physical exertion. The positive effect is not achieved either with the help of fasting, nor any other fashionable technique.
- Of course, you must understand why all this is necessary to make efforts. When doing physical exercises will be something pleasant, not routine, when you forget about shortness of breath while climbing the stairs, and a 20-minute jogging in the park will not be exhausted or exhausted, but instead will refresh and give strength, then your life will certainly improve in all senses.
- Most friends encourage those who are aggressively trying to lose weight, since this is very important at the beginning. Try to convince your girlfriend or two, or relatives, to start losing weight together. Mutual support will give you more enthusiasm and strength on the path to a healthy and happy life.
- Various companies offer generic Phentermine without a prescription. Prices may be lower, but these pills are usually ineffective and can even be dangerous. Please make sure that you are buying a certified medication from a manufacturer approved by the FDA. If you take Phentermine as directed, while reducing your food intake and doing the exercises, it will help you effectively lose weight.
- Take Phentermine tablets very seriously. If they are taken inappropriately, they have different side effects. You can not combine them with insulin, sedatives and some other drugs. Ask your doctor to provide you with a complete list. The interaction of drugs is very dangerous and can lead to life-threatening conditions. Tablets can not be taken longer than a few weeks to avoid addiction. Do not drink alcohol while taking Phentermine, because of this side effects can only increase.
- Refusing from Phentermine should be gradually reducing the dosage during the last week (or two) of the course. Sharp refusal can cause serious consequences of cancellation. Overdose can also cause addiction and side effects. Do not take Phentermine during pregnancy, it can harm your unborn baby. It should also be avoided during breastfeeding, even if you are overweight.
- Do not think that you can achieve excellent results in a week, by starting an intensive training program immediately. The task for effective weight loss is not to lose 5 kilos a week, but how to not get them for the next one. It is about losing them within six months, losing with them the habit of overeating, so that overweight will never come back again. The hardest part is not only to raise 2 kilograms more in the gym; it also concerns eating - eat 3 cookies instead of 5 or go for a walk, instead of watching a movie. Be prepared for this and do not stop training.